Trees for All
Trees for All is a foundation and recognized charity. They invest the contributions they get for CO2 compensation and the planting of trees, in the creation of new forests and the protection of existing ones. These projects provide extra income to the locals and contribute to the restoration of nature and the environment. Furthermore, Trees for All is the most experienced provider of CO2 compensation in The Netherlands, and they have planted millions of trees and bushes already.
Trees for All has been at work with their partner Sicirec in Bolivia since 2007. In this versatile project at the eastern foot of the Andes, reforestation, Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) and the capture of CO2 are key. The combination of agriculture and forestry results in a climate-friendly use of land and for a better social-economic position for the farmers. The preservation and recovery of the environment improves soil fertility and so results in less erosion. An improvement of the biodiversity. And, ofcourse, the fixation of CO2 in newly landscaped plots.
Did you know
- The project area in Bolivia extends across different suburbs in the departments of Beni, La Paz, Cochabamba and Santa Cruz.
- Work is being done in the suburb that borders the Madidi National Park.
- This area has a high number of tourists because of the beautiful mountain peaks of the Andes and the beauty of the subtropical jungles.
- It’s the natural habitat of the black panther, tapir, caiman, ara and capybara.
Your contribution with Smart Forest
- More biodiversity
- Smart Agriculture
- Sustainable forestry
- Locally supported project
- Gold Standard compensation